4 Week Medical Volunteer Elective
- Duration: 14 Days (approx.)
- Location: Kathmandu, Nepal
- Product code: 4WKMT
Medical Elective for University Credit
Medical Trek Nepal is proud to announce our four week medical elective volunteer option. This opportunity is perfect for medical students or those professionals who need extra weeks for continuing education or volunteering. These 4 weeks meet the criteria for most university medical elective credits for doctors, nurses, and other medical students.
You Get to Participate in 2 Week Medical Trek plus 2 Week Hospital Observation in Kathmandu
This program includes two weeks with volunteer medical trek, and another 2 weeks at our sponsoring hospital in Kathmandu. Student volunteers experience the local life style with our sponsoring homestay program. Volunteers will spend the first half of their stay in Nepal trekking with us to remote regions of the country, and working in our moving medical clinics to provide medical care to villages with no access to health care. Upon return to Kathmandu, there is time for a 2-3 day break before heading to the volunteer quarters near the Hospital where you will spend 2 weeks doing rounds with the hospital staff. We try to pair up our volunteers with 1-2 staff teammates who work in a discipline similar to their area of study or practice.
- Accommodations for 4 weeks (28 days) hotel/camping while on trek/homestay during hospital volunteer time.
- Medical Trek Nepal trekking experience
- meals while on trek; dinner/tea while in homestay
- domestic transfers
- Students will have a supervising doctor and/or Medical Trek director who will sign off on required university or hospital forms for internship credit
- English speaking guides, and hospital staff while trekking and in Kathmandu
- Medical co-ordinator in Kathmandu, and support staff for university paperwork both pre and post trek.
Price does not include:
- International airfare
- additional excursions
Price: $2275 per person – 4 weeks total includes Medical Trek Nepal plus hospital internship.